3RD JULY AT 19H00
PALACIO DAS LARANJEIRAS serves as the headquarters of the Portuguese Ministry of Science Technology and Higher Education. Also know as Count of Farrobo Palace, it was built in 1779 just outside of Lisbon, being currently located next to the Lisbon Zoo.
The main entrance is located in the courtyard of honor between the palace and the Thalia Theater, which was inaugurated in 1843. In 1862, a fire burned down the theater with all its luxurious decoration of gilded wood, mirrors, and chandeliers. The remains stood for over 150 years. In 2008 it was reconverted into a multipurpose space by Gonçalo Byrne Arquitectos and Barbas Lopes Arquitectos.
Estrada das Laranjeiras, 205
The venue is located 15 min walk away from Gulbenkian Foundation